The pomegranate is a fruit that contains hundreds of edible seeds called arils. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and bioactive plant compounds, but they also contain some sugar.
BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATE
1) Lower blood pressure level : Regular intake of pomegranate juice has been shown to lower blood pressure levels in as little as two weeks.
2) Rich in antioxidants : The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.
3) Helps in Digestion : Reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion. It by may be beneficial for people with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and other inflammatory bowel diseases.
4) Improve Memory : Drinking 8 ounces of pomegranate juice a daily may improve learning and memory, according to a recent study.
Here’s an amazing and super easy recipe that can be prepared easily
Red-Pepper and Walnut Dip with Pomegranate
1) 4 pitted dates
2) 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
3) 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
4) Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
5) 3 chopped roasted red peppers
6) 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
7) 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
8) Pomegranate seeds
9) Toasted whole-grain pita bread
Soak dates in hot water until softened, about 10 minutes; drain. Pulse dates, red peppers, pomegranate juice, walnuts, and red-pepper flakes in food processor until smooth. With machine running, slowly add olive oil until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Dip can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve with pita bread.