Chia seeds are hydrophilic in nature and are derived from the mint family. These seeds are super rich in antioxidants, magnesium, iron, fiber and omega 3. They have been proven beneficial in improving issues like constipation, dehydration, lowering LDL levels and increasing HDL levels.
NUTRITION FACTS :
How can you enjoy this nutrient rich chia seed ?
Here’s an amazing and super easy Chia Seed Recipe that can be had as a Breakfast or Mid-evening snack
CHIA SEED BLUEBERRY JAM
1) 1 ½ pound fresh blueberries
2) ¼ cup honey
3) 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1) Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the blueberries. Add the honey and place on the stove over medium heat.
2) As the blueberries begin to soften slightly over the heat, stir them around in their juices and the honey.
3) Once the berries have softened to the point that they’re starting to fall apart, add the chia seeds and stir them in well. The chia seeds will help the jam achieve a gelatinous texture while also adding fibre, protein and healthy Omega-3 fats.
4) Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring almost continually. Use a potato masher or fork to break up the blueberries. if necessary.
5) Continue stirring the mixture over low heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until a gelatinous texture is reached, and then remove the pan from the stove.
6) Pour the jam into a large mason jar and allow it to cool, covered, at room temperature for half an hour before placing it in the fridge to cool completely (for 2 hours, or overnight).
7) Enjoy on toast, gluten-free crackers or scones, over yogurt or even ice cream.